Disney company ABC TV is attempting to air a “docudrama” miniseries about 9/11. “What?!” you ask, “Making money off of such a tragedy? That doesn’t sound right!” Well, you are right to react in that fashion, but it gets worse…
The two-day long movie is actually FALSELY depicting the events that led up to the events of 9/11. They are fictitiously depicting actions and statements (mostly by the Clinton administration) as true. In other words, they are LYING! ABC is shilling for the fascist right-wing powers in this country, trying to lay blame on the Clinton administration, knowing that millions will watch any kind of crap they air.
I am not a big fan of the Clinton administration, but what ABC is doing is outright WRONG! This inaccurate depiction of a historical tragedy that has far-reaching political implications is beyond what any corporation – let alone a major media corporation – should consider responsible and fair.
This is from an email I got from the Democratic Party:
Here’s a quick catch-up on developments over the last 48 hours:
- President Clinton, through his attorney, rebuked ABC for producing a “factually and incontrovertibly inaccurate” miniseries — and walked the network through three make-believe scenes in the “the Path to 9/11” that defame people and misrepresent events during his administration.
- Clinton’s spokesman later stepped up the pressure, condemning Disney as “despicable” for “airing a fictional version of what is a serious and emotional event for our country. No reputable organization,” he said, “should dramatize 9-11 for a profit at the expense of the truth.”
- The families of September 11 victims have weighed in on the controversy, telling “entertainers” not to “promote misleading or incorrect information as fact to the public.”
- House and Senate Democratic leaders hammered Disney president and CEO Robert Iger, in letters that questioned the company’s commitment to its “reputation … as a corporation worthy of the trust of the American people and the United States Congress.”
- Scholastic has pulled teaching materials off its website and has scrambled to adopt a plan to help teachers show students “the differences between factual reporting and a dramatization,” but is still encouraging teachers to show their students this propaganda.
Therefore, I strongly encourage all who read this and agree that ABC is wrong to BOYCOTT both ABC and their parent company Disney unless they pull this “Path to 9/11” off the air. You can email ABC directly to let them know how you feel and that you are boycotting them as a response: http://abc.go.com/site/contactus.html